Well informed decisions are the foundation of excellence! We all know that, but do we follow that?
Not exactly! Now, you know that your website is the only way to grow your business online, but do you do intensive research before selecting the web development framework to build your website – not many people can raise hands to this.
Folks, when you don’t buy groceries before comparing the quality and price of different vendors, why are you not analyzing various leading web development frameworks before designing your website?
So, let us today draw a comparison between the two leading web development frameworks – Laravel vs Django. With the comprehensive comparison, you’ll be able to pick the right framework to boost the reach of your website.
What is Laravel?
Laravel was first prompted in 2011 by Taylor Otwell with the most upscale traffic-related features. Laravel development is proficient and quick as compared to other CMSs because of Model View Control architecture. Laravel got the attention of developers way quickly due to the superior quality functions and various inbuilt features. At Protocloud, we always tell our clients – if you want to develop your web applications easily and safely, you should invest in our Laravel development services without any doubt.
Key Features of Laravel
- Lots of libraries and modules
- Artisan control support
- Offers authentication
- Has an innovative template engine
- Strong ORM support
- MVC architecture pattern
- Smooth migration process
- Easy unit testing
- High-end security
What is Django?
Django is an open-source framework written in Python programming language. It is developed to create complicated and features loaded website applications. Unlike Laravel, it supports Model View Template architecture. It is popular among the developers’ community due to its lightweight features and sturdy testing and development modules.
Django is an older framework launched in back 2005 by Django Software Foundation, and this framework is adhering to numerous popular portals such as Pinterest, Instagram, and others. Due to the simple development process, Django is becoming a favorite choice of startups.
Key Features of Django
- Well explained documentation
- SEO optimization feature
- Highly versatile framework
- Completely tested
- Python-based web framework
- Thoroughly scalable
- Superb security
- Fast development and deployment
Laravel vs Django: Which Web Development Platform Should I Use?
If you are confused between the Laravel vs. Django debate and can’t decide which framework will be ideal for your new project, we can help by scaling both frameworks on the same grounds.
Laravel is structured around the object-oriented programming (OOP) and Model View Control (MVC) patterns. Due to the strong architectural patterns, Laravel is ranked the 5th most popular web development framework on GitHub. On the contrary, Django follows the MVT architecture pattern, which makes it the second most popular programming language.
If you are a new developer, coding is going to be intuitive and easier on the Laravel framework for you. You can easily rectify your coding errors with the security alerts, which is useful for new coders. However, the Django coding structure isn’t for the beginners; you have to be a highly experienced programmer to create complex codes in Django. You won’t get an inbuilt routing process in Django to create API.
One of the best things about Laravel is that it has inbuilt support for API because JSON queries are returned by default. So, you don’t have to go through the hassle of creating APIs in Laravel. But, things aren’t that simple with Django; you have to find your way through the library to build an API because Django doesn’t come with inbuilt API features. Thus, if you aren’t familiar with the backend framework, you should use Laravel.
Simplicity in Learning
Laravel is the best framework for new developers who are learning their way through different languages. The intuitive and steep learning curve of Laravel can be learned easily. You can easily learn the complicated processes with Laravel like data mitigation, REST, ORM composer, or others. There are various documents, and community support is available to master Laravel’s development.
If you think for a moment, the learning curve with python is zero. Thus, you can easily work and deploy codes with Django. Furthermore, the code readability with Django quite simple, so developers can comfortably read and write complex codes.
Laravel is packed with superior security settings and confirmations that let you secure your applications with strong password protection. Additionally, Laravel comes with an in-built mechanism that provides protection against numerous XSS attacks, private information interception, insecure cookies, SQL injection, and other prime vulnerabilities.
Django follows some of the best security approaches too. It refrains developers from making common errors that can reduce the security shielding of your web development process. Django offers security in multiple different forms, such as passwords, user accounts, cross-site request forgery, SQL injection, and click jacking. Overall, both the platforms provide the highest level of security features, so on the security grounds – Laravel vs. Django don’t differentiate.
Laravel has extended library support. With the well structured and analytical Laravel libraries, you can build complex websites smoothly. Plus, the Laravel comes with a gigantic video tutorial library. Approximately more than 1100 Laravel video tutorials are available.
On the other side, Django is jammed with a robust library. With the Django, you will get an abundant self-contained package that further contains numerous reusable features. So, on the point of the library – both programs are again standing on the high pedestrian.
Laravel vs. Django debate has been mastered by numerous popular online brands also. Some famous brands like Mozilla, Instagram, Pinterest, Udemy, NASA, and others have opted for the dynamic features of Django. Whereas, Laravel has hosted some of the excellent projects like Swat.ul, 9GAG, Union, Razorpay, etc. In short, we have amazing live examples of both programs to make a well-informed decision.
Pros: Laravel vs Django
- Easy to Learn-With the vast community support and the well-written documentation, even beginners can easily learn and use the Laravel framework.
- Advanced Tools – Laravel is embedded with numerously inbuilt features such as Artisan CLI that facilitates seamless command-line application development.
- Updated PHP Features – You can access to some of the latest PHP features with Laravel, including Interfaces, Overloading, etc.,
- Fast and Furious – Django allows developers to create websites and apps quickly with the help of numerous features.
- Tight Security – The framework has strict error police that won’t let developers breach security. The common development mistakes can be easily addressed such as SQL injection, cross-website scripting, etc.,
- Heavy Traffic Handler – It can handle the bulk load of traffic with the assistance of highly scalable features.
Cons: Laravel vs Django
- Payment Trouble – Laravel framework doesn’t offer multiple payment options, so not everyone can use it.
- Troublesome Updating – If you want to upgrade your platform from Laravel 5 to 4, the process isn’t easy because while updating codes, you might break your application. Thus, you have to hire the expert Laravel development company for mitigation or upgradation.
- Lack of Mobile Richness – Laravel framework doesn’t offer 100% mobile support, which is a problem for developers.
- Not for Small Projects – If you want to develop a small project, Django might not be ideal for you. It is a nice development framework for big projects, but not small projects.
- Hard to Work With – Routing in Django isn’t a child’s play; you have to be a highly experienced developer to work with Django.
- No Error Alerts – When there’s an error in your code, Django won’t be providing any notifications to fix them, so you have to be a pro coder; otherwise, you might not be able to work with it.
Laravel vs Django – Tabular Comparison
|Preferred by||Laravel is preferred by website categories like arts and entertainment, business & industry, shopping & retail and internet and telecommunications||Django is opted by food, drinks, educational, electronics and other science related websites.|
|Speed||Laravel is loaded with numerous inbuilt features, which has reduced the speed of framework as compared to other PHP frameworks.||Python development made the Django highly fast system.|
|Platform||It supports cross platform development.||It supports cross platform development.|
|Scalable||It is scalable but the only difference is the language used to write the framework||Highly scalable|
Between the Laravel and Django – we can’t announce a winner, period. Both the platforms are highly functional and robust, so we can’t conclude a winner. But, you can pick a winner based on your requirements. For instance, when you want to create a large and heavy traffic website like Instagram, you should use Django. Otherwise, for the small project, complex projects go for Laravel, so the final choice is yours.
If you can’t decide between Laravel and Django, you can get a consultation from Protocloud Technologies (web development company) to pick the perfect web programming language as per your project.